Friday, May 14, 2004

Making his move down the backstretch it's....Summer!

Good Grief!
Summer is almost here and I'm once again in that state of flux between being totally ready and totally freaked out. Ahh well, the summer is a time of relaxation but also a time for some good building time both personally and as a group. I'm really looking forward to this summer's youth group activities, with the fellowship activities throughout the week and Sunday night continuing to show good turn outs. I hope everything keeps up as much as it can. If you want anything to pray about, pray for the Young Adults/College Age class that I teach on Sunday mornings. It's a new group and I'm hoping that some of the planned activities for that group will help in getting it up and running more smoothly. And speaking of matters of prayer, my little sister Buffy is doing well after a week in the hospital. She's getting her associates degree tonight, and feeling pretty good about it. Thanks to you who have prayed for her already.

Proverbs 14:1 "A wise woman builds her house, but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down." This one is mostly for the ladies this morning. I think, however, that the gents can learn from this also. Once again, we're looking at the wise vs. the unwise. Shelter is one of our basic needs (thanks, Mr Maslow). It's a wise venture because it is something that each of us need. Building a house is no easy task, but it's something that, if done well, will bring us pleasure and functionality for years to come. Now, I'm no genious, but tearing one's house down doesn't seem very worthwhile to me. It's just not sane! Most grandmothers I know are super hard workers. I know mine is! It's all a part of the age in which they grew up. I think that ladies of all ages can look at this verse and look at their grandmother (or any respectable woman of "experience") and see the connection. I hope that you can learn from these things to be a blessing to your families now and the ones that you will one day raise. I think we can all learn from this in that each of us are responsible for becoming mature, responsible people. None of us can blame our surroundings for how we turn out. We make our own choices, good and bad, about what we say, do & act, think, and so on. If we are doing things that don't build us up into godly people, then it's like shooting ourselves in the foot, or tearing down our own house.

Keep up reading these Proverbs, ya'll. It's good stuff.

Remember:
Youth Sunday: May 30
People of Prayer: May 29

Later

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home