Monday, August 30, 2004

First day of school (sort of)

Well, today’s the day! I’m off to school again this evening and am already a little excited about the 3 hour drive that’s ahead of me this evening. Well, I’m not excited so much about the drive, but the fact that at the end of the drive will be LCCS waiting there for me! I’m looking forward to seeing my buddies on E2 (the wing I stay on in the dorm) again. (On a side note: I also get to see my girl on Tuesday!) Likewise, I think it will be a great thing getting into class again both as an educator and as a student. That’s something that I’ve never personally encountered before. It will be a trying semester but I think I’m at, or at least entering, a stage in my life where I can handle it.

Proverbs 30:5 says, “Every word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him”. These words here are encouraging in two ways. First off, this verse says God’s words are flawless. Every single one. Knowing that someone can be trusted because they do not lie or tell half truths will allow you to put your confidence in that person. The same principle also applies to God here. If you’ve never taken the opportunity to take God at his word to see if he’ll pull through, I encourage you to try it and see. It may not happen just the way that you had thought or planned, but the Lord will not fail to back up his promises. The second part of this verse describes God as a shield. A shield is used for protection against swords, arrows, and dragon fire in the medieval sense and laser beams and proton charges in the sci-fi genre. Any way we wish to look at it, God is a protector of his people. He will not fail here either. One thing to be wary of, however, is that a shield does no good to some one who doesn’t use it. We’ll end up crispy critters if we go up against a dragon while leaving our shields hung on the wall at home. Likewise, if we leave God out of the picture, hanging on the wall like a picture, we shouldn’t be surprised if we get attacked and “wounded” by our hostile world. The temptation will be to blame God, but this must be resisted because it was not he who chose to stay on the wall at home.

Big Deal is from 7-8:30 this week and from now on.
Look for info about the Windows of the World conference in the mail this week.

Later…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home