Monday, November 01, 2004

I'm blushing

I did not realize until late Friday afternoon that I had not blogged that day (and I guess the day before, as well!) and would not be able to. I had been so good up until then writing every day that I was in the office (at least for the last couple weeks!), but I guess I had a lot on my mind last week. Anyways, sorry to those of you who I let down and left in despair waiting anxiously for my next commentary on life as I see it and experience it. Of course, I’m really apologizing to about 3 people, so which ever one of you felt slighted, go get a hug from one of the other two.

Youth Sunday went pretty well yesterday. I say pretty well because I never feel comfortable with it. I think I’m going to start working on the next one next week to be sure that all the bases are covered, even though it’s three months in advance! Oh well, it did go well and the KidKonnection did a good job with their production. Hats off to Kim and her crew.

Proverbs 1:4, says, “for giving prudence to the simple, knowledge and discretion for the young…”. It’s that time again! When we start over in our daily look at Proverbs in using that to guide us toward making good decisions in life. This snippit comes from the prologue of Proverbs which serves to explain the purposes of the book. Two of these purposes are found here. Prudence is defined as wisdom with regard to practical matters. Simple people need this. Even know someone with tremendous book smarts but zero street smarts? This is a perfect example. Discretion is the power or right to decide or act according to one’s own judgment. Young people especially need this power to act and decide and that is the purpose of Proverbs: to train up young people in the right way in order that eventually they will exercise right thinking and doing. This is so valuable for people of all ages today because it seems more and more people think and do rightly less and less! Personally, this book is great encouragement to me. I often find myself in situations remembering something I’ve read from one chapter or another. I think it’s a good testimony of the enduring nature of the word of God.

Let’s go bowling! How’s about Nov. 12? We’ll talk Wednesday.

Later…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home