Thursday, January 20, 2005

"Good Morning Everybody!"

I know it isn't morning as I'm writing this, but this quote contains significance. Today was our first Campus Life meeting of the semester and as the morning kicks off, I always break into the music and games going on by shouting this greeting. It's fun and the kids seem to get a kick out of it. The rest of the CL crew now knows that I'm engaged. Nancy was funny this morning. She was pretty anxious to tell the news to everyone as soon as I got there. I would have gotten around to it eventually but I guess I was waiting too long! Anyways, it was a good morning indeed. We had a big crowd and Chris gave a good talk. I know alot of the people who show up are only interested in the free donuts, but I'm sure they aren't missing everything that's being said up there. I don't think the Lord would give us that great of an opportunity to have everything fall on 90% deaf ears. But whether we're reaching 10 or 100, it's a great ministry and continues to be one of the highlights of my week.

Proverbs 20:7 says, "The righteous man leads a blameless life; blessed are his children after him." This verse makes me want to be a righteous man if, for no other reason, to bless my kids when they are older and I'm dead and gone. It's so true, isn't it? Think about the good families you know. What makes them good? They are good because the people in them are doing the right thing. You don't build a good family on poor morals, second rate ethics, and bad behavior. A righteous man's righteousness will bleed over into how he raises and leads his family. Righteousness is something that is present in every aspect of life. If it is something that is put on for show out in public and shelved when at home, it is something other than righteousness. As the family grows and the kids get older, they will begin to learn the behaviors of their parents. What a responsibility that puts on parents! But if your life is blameless, your children who are following in your footsteps will be blessed. Blessed not only by your good name, but blessed that they have been given a head start of sorts on an already tough road of life. Blameless is the key. Blameless before God and blameless before people. As we live, whether we have kids or not, let us live as if we are setting the example for those coming up after us.

Sunday January 30 is Youth Sunday. Get geared up!

Later...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,
Sry i haven't posted a commet in a while But, I do check ur blog every day, and yes I am excited ur getting married (maybe not as much as Mrs. Willis or Laura, but I guess I am, O well, have fun
Mac

8:34 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home