Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Something's gone wrong

Well, I have to appologize for not being as regular with the blog lately as I would have liked. However, unlike in the past, where I'd go days (even weeks) without writing because I was unmotivated or got burried with doing other things, I haven't had much of a choice lately. The network here in the office has been a little screwy recently. I don't know if it's moisture in the lines from all the rain, the inablility of the guys who put it in, or our service provider just not being able to keep up with everyone. Either way, many times in the past few weeks that I've tried to write or even search the net, the computer just wouldn't go! I don't pretend to know much about computers so me being able to write and describe the situation is a stretch for me. I will refrain from using terminology like "thingamabob" and whatchamacallit" to be sure. So hopefully today's venture won't go for nought. I still hope everyone (all three of you) are enjoying this 3 minutes of your day some 3 or 4 days a week (pending). So for what it's worth, enjoy your day and the rest of your net-surfing experience today.

Proverbs 26:7 says, "Like a lame man's legs that hang limp, is a proverb in the mouth of a fool". Useless. Utterly useless! This is an ammusing proverb to me because of the mental pictures I can associate with it. Like someone confined to a wheelchair is unable to use his/her legs (this unfortunate occurance isn't the ammusing part), I can imagine what it would look like for a fool to have this useful nugget of wisdom just sitting motionlessly on his tongue. Jar-Jar Binks from the new Star Wars flicks comes to mind here. At one point in the "first" episode, he gets his tongue zapped by some kind of energy source in an engine and numbs it completely! He's flailing the thing around trying to get it to work but it just won't. I can remember times in my life and stories of others after leaving the dentist's office, my tongue/lips/mouth full of novacaine, trying to function normally. Funny sight! Drinking a glass of water becomes a spectator sport! Foolishness, although sometimes laughable, is most often times a sad thing to watch. You know what's going to happen when one of these guys attempts something beyond him. Why does it fail? A lot of times it's just that the poor guy just doesn't know what to do. That's what this verse highlights. Wisdom is so foreign to the fool it's like trying to fix your Japanese car with the Japanese instruction manual (with no pictures!). It's useless to him and to those around. If we practice wisdom and make ourselves familiar with it, we then are able to use it when we have opportunity. The Lord has given us the instruction manual and has made it accessible to us. Practice his wisdom so that we won't be left looking like were chock full of numbing agent.

Saturday Jan. 29 @ 6:00 pm in the auditorium is People of Prayer. Come and experience this time of prayer with the Lord.
Sunday Jan. 30 is Youth Sunday!!! I'm preaching on The Domestique. The Singing SCAMPS will be doing their concert in the evening, so no regular youth group meeting downstairs. Come out and enjoy their concert.
Sunday Feb. 6 is the Super Bowl Party at the Wilson's. Bring $2, snacks (fellas), and drinks (ladies). TIME CHANGE!!! The postcard says we'll start at 6:30 but we'll begin at 6:00 pm.

Later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home