Monday, March 14, 2005

Deadlines

I hate deadlines! There is so much pressure associated with deadlines. Even the ones I make myself with retreats and sign-up dates and such cause me undue stress. Recently, I've been taking up the task of applying for FAFSA (If you don't know what this is, you've not been to college recently, have you?) and starting the scholarship app. process for LCS. I'm currently torturing myself with two self-imposed deadlines with the two retreats coming up in March/April. It wouldn't be easier without them, unfortunately. At first, it might seem to be easier to just promo an event then go with whomever shows up. You know, a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants kind of thing. But that leads to problems like not having anyone to go at all, too many people showing up for the transportation you've provided, not having anywhere to sleep because you brought too many people and signed up too late to get any room reservations in the near by hotels, etc. Unfortunately, deadlines are a necessary evil in life, especially for procrastinators like myself. They keep us honest. Sometimes they hurt, though. So, until I can get organized enough to where deadlines are no longer a bother, they will simply continue to be a bother. But a good (*said with much sarcasm and reluctance) bother, I guess.

Proverbs 14:8 says, "The wisdom of the prudent is to give thought to their ways, but the folly of fools is deception".

We've got a good crew going to the Jr. High retreat this weekend. Pray for us that it will be a great time of learning and fun!
Sr. High!!! Only 5 more days to sign up to go to the JBC Spring Retreat on March 31-April 2. Lot's of fun, fellowship, learning, mountains, and Krispy Kremes!

Later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home