Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Schedule conflicts

Sorry for the wait on this one. I suppose I took a break because I've been busy lately, which really doesn't excuse anything since I'm pretty much busy all the time anyways. But seriously! Busy. Biz-ee. And busyness isn't so bad if I'm getting stuff done, which, honestly, I have been. However, I start to have issues with busyness when it infringes on "my time". I don't have alot of it being in youth ministry (ministry in general is on the edge of 24 hours on-call anyway) so I try and protect it. I learned today that the Thursday night "fast rides" in TH have started and, because of my schedule, I won't get to participate in one until a month from now! April 21 is the first possible date that I will be able to get out and enjoy hurting myself (and others!) for an hour a week and guage my fitness against the other hammerheads in the area. I'm looking forward (and have been for some time) to getting outside more and riding with groups again. I miss Dave, Jerry, Peanut, and even Bill (I think I've written about him before). Poor old Feedbag has moved so he won't be there anymore (Jamie, if you're reading this, you have an open invite to come back and join us any time!). But we'll have a few new faces to get to know with the merger of Morris Trucking Velo and Team Bloomington. Fun times. I'm heading to Athens tomorrow to see Laura (woo! Less than 2 months till wedding bells will be a'ringin') and Knoxville next Thursday (the only two good reasons for missing a ride!). I've got to get on with my day so I can be less busy prepping for Big Deal tonight and Sunday School and enjoy a respite in my busy life this weekend.

Proverbs 23:9 says, "Do not speak to a fool, for he will scorn the wisdom of your words". Ok, not speaking to fools would basically mean that we eliminate 99.9% of our opportunities of talking with anyone here on earth. I don't think that this proverb is a strict prohibition of speaking to people who seem to have no need for reason for wisdom. Looking at the verse itself, we see that you're words include wisdom, therefore I believe this presents a scenario where this person needs correction or advice. However, since this person is a fool, its in one ear and out the other. Anything you say will be like spitting into a stiff breeze. It's pointless and potentially bad for you, even with the best of intentions. Wasting one's breath on those who will not listen, as has been said here before, is bad stewardship, a waste of time and energy. This is an example of Jesus' words not to throw pearls to pigs (Matthew 7:6). Unfortunately, I think at best we can hope that these people will see the good lives we live (assuming we live as God desires) and desire to get what we have. Then we might have a chance to use our breath and energy constructively.

Sunday PM Youth Group will not meet due to the Easter holiday (March 27). Spend some quality time with your families.
Next week:
Big Deal will be doing something special for Spring Break. I'll have it confirmed by tonight.
IT'S HERE!!!! The time for heading to the JBC Spring Retreat is finally upon us! All the sleepless nights spent hoping and waiting for the day to come is almost here! We'll be heading out next Thursday morning to Knoxville, TN for a few days of fun, worship, mountains, warm weather, and hot Krispy Kremes (HOT NOW!!!)! Pray for us that the trip will be a great one and we'll come home changed people.

Lay-ta...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home