Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Bad to Good

Wow. Yesterday really started out bad. First, I learned that I had misplaced or not saved the revisions that I had done last week on my thesis! For a couple seconds, I was ready to quit (but just a couple. It wasn't like I had lost 70 pages or anything). Then, (actually before the other thing) another incident occurred, the details of which I can't really discuss openly. It completely caught me off guard, but it made me mad. Like, the most mad I had been in a long time! It takes a lot to get me mad, but I was ready to throw down! Or throw in the towel. Being mad is such a weird feeling. It's like being charged with adrenaline, being really motivated & focused, but not able to control the focus. It controls you. I was wide-eyed, my heart was racing, I felt tense like I just needed to do something active or I was going to explode. (Weird, huh?) Anyways, I ran into Fred, one of my fave professors, who's also becoming a good friend, and he gave me some wise counsel about how to deal with it. He told me to respond in love, grace, and humility, and not react out of charged-up rage like I wanted to. In retaliating, or even trying to defend myself to my accusers, I would lose in the long run, he told me. So, after that, I calmed down (even more by that point), finished my re-revisions, and headed home feeling better. Laura also got word that she'd been offered not one, but two new jobs watching triplets! So, she was then in a good position to choose between two really good options. It's neat how God works sometimes. I wasn't expecting either of those scenarios to occur, but they did and we saw God's hand in the results. So , the moral of the story is, even though it might feel good to use your hands to solve your problems, leave room so God can use his to solve it right. (You have to use fewer ice packs that way!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home