Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Psyched!

Today is Wednesday which means tomorrow is Thursday! This simple fact shouldn't be a surprize for any of you but in case you didn't know, we leave for Johnson Bible College tomorrow!!! JBC is my alma mater and that area of Tennessee is one of my favorite places on earth. Knoxville is a great little city, the Smokey's are great and near by, plus offer some of the best cycling in the East. JBC's a great school and yearly host the Spring Retreat for high school students, our real reason for going down (not just a short vacation for me)! We're taking a smaller group than last year but there are still some new faces and new blood making the trip. Cheryl will again be accompanying me as a sponsor (she's so cool!) as well as the future Mrs. Willis, my fiancee, Laura. She's never been there before and is excited about getting to go and spend a little time getting to know the yoots a little better. Michael, Amber and Steph are all returning and bringing Matt W. and Austin B. along for the first time. Hopefully, the weather will cooperate with us so that we're able to enjoy the trip to its fullest, as far as I have planned it and thought it through. We're leaving BCC at 8 and plan to arrive on campus around 4 pm. We'll get settled in to our new digs, hang out and recupe from the long drive. Friday am, sees us heading to Gatlinburg for a short day in the mountains before heading back to campus for the start of the Retreat. We'll be heading for home at about 3pm on Saturday and be back around 11 or so. Pray for us, for the travel, for the Retreat, the other students, Pete Isenburg (the speaker, who is incredible!), and for whatever God plans to do in our lives while we're there and after we return. I'll let you know how it goes on Monday!

Proverbs 30:7-9 says, "Two things I ask of you, O LORD; do not refuse me before I die: keep falsehood and lies far from me; give me neither poverty or riches, but give me only my daily bread. Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you and say, 'Who is the LORD?' Or I may become poor and steal, and so dishonor the name of my God". Wow, if we could all pray this prayer, what a changed world and church this would be. This man is praying for the right things here. His two requests are simple yet profound. First, "keep falsehood and lies far from me". Here, the man is praying, I think, both to be an honest man as well as to be surrounded by honesty. The second request is to have just enough. This is something that we don't hear too often. Most of the time, when people pray about provisions, it is for abundance. His explanation for his reasons is simple: that his life may give glory to God. He will not disown God, nor will he dishonor God. Our world would be changed if the church would seek to pray this prayer. I know for a fact that my own life would be changed if I were to pray this prayer as well! Think what a doubting world would see if the church had its priorities in place in regard to its possessions!!! There would be a lot less reasons for doubt and scoffing aimed at God's people. God would be glorified and would be inclined to answer our prayers because they are for the right things. Try and pray this prayer and mean it and see what the Lord does in your life.

Skating tonight for the Youth Group, 6-9 at TH Skate World.
JBC Spring Retreat group leaves bright and early tomorrow!!!! See you Sunday!

Later...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope that you all have a good time, and a safe trip. Greg

9:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home