Monday, January 07, 2008

Falling apart, getting old

We talked about death last night at our high school youth group meeting. It was a good meeting but a little weird. I find it easier to talk about other people dying than actually confronting my own mortality. But I've been put in a position where that (my frail, humanness) has been on my mind more lately. I recently had some blood tests conducted to screen for anything that might be the source of some pain that I've been dealing with over the last few months. Starting in the summer, it was my knees. I did something dumb in the fall and hurt my toe. Well, it still hurts. Seemingly without reason, my shoulder and jaw have been hurting over the last month. Headaches have also been more frequent in the past couple months. Well, the initial tests came back negative for everything that my doc was testing for. I'm still scheduled to see a rheumatologist (look it up) on Jan. 24 for some further testing. But that's where I'm at now. Hopefully, sometime soon the bottom will be gotten to and this chapter in my life will close. For now, I'm just praying that nothing serious is wrong and that whatever I find out, I can deal with it.

Sorry it's been a while.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean man. I mean I'm 23! I can't be getting old! yet I get sick a lot easier than I did, and now I actually have to watch what I eat and stuff.

I used to play sports every day and feel great. now I play basketball on one evening and I feel sore the whole next day.

the weird thing about death for me, is that death doesn't have to wait for my body to fall apart. I could get in a car accident today. It's a constant reminder to live the way Christ wants me to. make the most of every opportunity.

tim

1:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home