Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Dry Spell

Wow! Sorry it's been so long since I've posted something (for all three of you out there who read my blog!). A lot has gone on in the last week and a half since my last post. Let me catch you up:

-Wednesday (5/26) was Lizzie's last Big Deal with us until next school year. We'll miss you Derek! Also that evening was the revelation of my "special someone". Yes, the cat's out of the bag. I'm dating and have been for a little over 2 months. She's a great girl and hopefully will be around some for those of you interested in meeting her. Laura, if you're reading this, no pressure!

-Thursday (5/27) was a blur. I had one of those days where I did a lot but felt like I got nothing (next to nothing) done. I know I went to my guitar lesson and did the Almost 12 thing and it rained a lot, but that's about it.

-Friday was a pretty good day. I got most of my lessons done and a good start on my sermon. That evening, Laura and I went to my cousin's graduation in Oblong, IL.

-Saturday, after staying the night at mom and dad's, I came home, sent Laura off, got dinner and worked out the rest of my sermon.

-Sunday was the long-awaited Youth Sunday. It went (almost) without a hitch. Sunday pm was pretty informal. There were 7 for our yg meeting. Then the weather moved in. Warnings and red stuff all over the radar kept us in the church basement for a little while. Then after a short break in the mess, we all scurried out to our respective homes/vehicles and enjoyed then evening indoors.

-Monday and Tuesday were great! I've not had two days off like that in forever. I got to read a book! I chose to read a book for my own enjoyment for the first time in at least 9 months! Tuesday, although it was my day off, I kicked some tail and got some stuff done. I got some needed rest, did my devos, mowed the lawn, went to the bike shop, rode 58 miles and went to bed (after calling Laura).

-Today, I'm finishing the Summer Schedule for Youth and Young Adults and starting on VBS lessons for next week. I'm busy but happy.

Proverbs 2:1-11 "My son, if you accept my words and store up my commands with in you, turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding, and if you call ou for insight and cry aloud for understanding, and if you look for is as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure then you will understand the fear of the LORD and find the knowledge of God. For the LORD gives wisdom, and from his mouth come knowledge and understanding. He holds victory in store for the upright, he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless, for he guards the course of the just and protects the way of his faithful ones. Then you will understand what is right and just and fair-every good path. For wisdom will enter your heart, and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul. Discretion will protect you, and understanding will guard you."

I think this one's pretty self-explanatory.

One event to be putting on your calendars is Bowling Night at Brazilian Lanes on June 11 @ 7 pm. We'll go till 9. HEY, BRING A FRIEND!!!

Later

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Joe! I cant wait to meet your girl! You definitely need to bring her to church again sometime.
Kellsy

8:53 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey man
sry i haven't checked out ur site in a while, but i did leave a commentt on the finding nemo part (MINE!)
anyeayz its 1 on friday and im getting ready to go mountain biking, so c-ya lataz
michael AKA 83

1:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home