Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Groundhog Day

Anybody know yet? I've not heard whether or not ole' Punxatonny (sp?) Phil has seen his shaddow yet. Cathy and I were just talking and couldn't remember if, when he sees his shaddow, there is 6 more weeks of winter or an early Spring. Technically, the guy has an out because, according to the calendar there ARE only 6 more weeks of winter! Funny, that? I'm not sure how, and am not interested enough to look, how a little town in Pennsylvania with a funny name could start such a hubbub involving an oversized rodent (I think its a rodent) and an obvious happening on a calendar. O well. I wonder if Brazil could get its name on the national scene and the calendar with something? I wonder what it would be? What could our claim to fame be and how on earth would we get the day named after us? I just took a quick poll of the office, all people who have been in Brazil longer than I, and came up with a few. How about Popcorn or Orville Redenbacher Day, since he's from Clay County and EVERYBODY (except me) likes popcorn? Or how about Funky Fountain in the Park day and make it an internationally recognized day celebrating it with our sister city in the real Brazil? These are just a couple but somehow I don't think they will have the staying power of the Groundhog. Again, o well. So go out and enjoy the last 6 weeks of winter and have a bag of popcorn on me.

Proverbs 2:7 says, "He holds victory in store for the upright, he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless...". I think it's comforting to know that the Lord will be there to help us on our way through life. If we are willing to fight the battles in life on the Lord's side, he will protect us. Victory is assured because the ulimate battle is already over. Yes, life is still hard and yes, we will have many trials and opportunities to fail, but if we are earnestly striving to be upright and blameless, he will be there to make sure we make it. We win! He has already won! Victory is in store for us if we side with him.

Super Bowl party @ the Wilsons' on Sunday pm. 6 pm start time, 6:30 kick-off. Girl drinks, guys snacks, everybody $2 for real food.

Later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home