Monday, June 21, 2004

A good night's sleep...and a little more

I slept in this morning. Not like Michael who will waste away 70% of the day's daylight hours sleeping until, like, 2 pm. But I slept until about 7:25, which was enough time to shower and eat b-fast and get to work on time. I sacrificed the morning bike ride because, well, just because the body was telling me I needed the rest after a long and busy weekend. It wouldn't have been very eventful anyways because I'm still not able to actually ride on the road yet. No doctor has said "Yes you can" or "No you can't ride" but it just doesn't seem like it's been long enough to be "safe". Not that staying off the bike will heal me any faster than getting on the bike will kill me any faster. Anyways, it's the trainer for now. I spent a nice weekend visiting my girlfriend and her family this past weekend. If you didn't get to meet her the last time she was here, she's coming the weekend of the 4th, so stay tuned. After that, I preached on Sunday a.m. and all that contributed to my peaceful, longer than normal sleep last evening.

I'm going to see Buffy at after her surgery later this week. She'll be in consultations all day tomorrow and then have the operation on Wednesday.

Proverbs 21:2 says, "All a man's ways seem right to him, but the LORD weighs the heart". This is much like the verse from the other day so I won't belabor this point. We as people have a way of thinking that we're right all the time and we'll act on those "right" feelings without much concern as to whether or not they actually are right or not. All things considered (motives, biases, grudges, likes/dislikes, etc.), man is pretty self centered. The Lord determines, and already has determined, what is right and what is not. Our thoughts ought to center around God's plan for our lives and not our own. We have no real control over what life dishes out. Life, death, health, bike wrecks. All these things will come and go. God knows the right way, and wishes for us to pursue it. But he also knows the heart of man is centered away from that way. Let God direct your ways for he knows us and knows what is best.

This week: Wednesday @ 6:00 pm we're leaving for TH Skate World. $1 for reg. skates, $2 for speed, & $3 for blades.
July 4 Independence Day Parking Lot Party, invite all your friends and bring some snacks. We'll start at 8.
July 12 canoe trip at Turkey Run. Ken Arini and I will be floating along with you. There will be release forms at church on Sunday. YOU NEED THEM TO GO!!!

Later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home