Thursday, June 10, 2004

Rain out

Well, I got up at 5:30 to ride and it was a little wet out. It wasn't raining all that hard, if at all, at the time, but I didn't ride anyways. The plan was (and still is) to go to the highschool parking lot and do some laps and accelerate on the straights like I will be on Saturday. But, those plans will have to wait. I have a meeting with some camp folk in Wachington today. I'm looking forward to it. Camp has always been one of the highlights of my summers and something that I always get excited about. I hope that we have a good turn out from Berea for the weeks of camp that I'm going to be a part of because they have always had a good rep for being top notch. Both weeks have new teams leading them but we've worked with some of the best so the weeks will still be great, with a few new flavors.

Proverbs 10:1 says "A wise son brings joy to his father, but a foolish son grief to his mother". Sounds pretty obvious, eh? As the whole book up till now has been talking to kids about getting wisdom, and much of that from their parents, it would seem to go with the flow into this section of little nuggets of wisdom. These sections of Proverbs are great. If you get in the habit of reading one chapter a day (which I highly recommend), even if you don't retain EVERYTHING, you'll hang on to one or two of these nuggets to work on during the day. Anyways, we honor our parents by listening to their wisdom and teaching. They've been where we are. Although it may seem like they're out of touch and can't relate, I think they deserve to be heard. They have made (and hopefully learned from) their own mistakes inthe past, so they aren't perfect. But neither are you! Ha! Try seeking out their counsel and doing the things that will bring them joy and a feeling of "Hey, my boy/girl is going to turn out alright", instead of "Why, Lord, why?!?" Remember: fo the right thing.

We're swimming on Friday (6-8 @ Forest Park)
I'm racing on Saturday (1:30 & 3:20 @ 6th and Cherry in TH)
We're cleaning & stocking Wednesday (Food Pantry on Pinkley 10am-12)

Later

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home