Monday, June 14, 2004

Skinny tires and headaches

Well, if you haven't heard yet, I had a bike wreck on Friday morning. If your first inclination is to worry, assuming that this is your first time reading about it, please don't. For the rest of you who have heard the story and seen the show, ignore the next couple sentences.

*I was just starting my ride and proceeded around a corner that was wet and oily and the bike simply went out from under me. Because of the angle of the turn, and the relative lack of speed (so, no, I wasn't going too fast!) I went straight down...on my face! I have several minor scratches on my face and chest, but have a nice black eye and a cheeckbone with 3 fractures. I spent the morning in the Clay Co. hospital, got x-rays, CT scan, blah blah blah...I'm doing much better now, thanks.

So anyways, I have a little bit of a headache this morning because I'm not going to take my pain medicine anymore. Why, do you ask? Well, it's not a matter of being a tough guy, health reasons, or saving the rest to sell on the black market...I just don't think I need it (and my Jiminy-Cricket-esque conscience told me not to!). I rode on the trainer a bit this morning and got the heart rate up, so I was pleased. I'm interested in how the rest of the week will shape up. I've got a busy rest of the month. This week, I'm preparing a sermon and my sunday pm lesson as well as getting ready for a week of camp and a cookout on Wednesday evening as well as helping with the Food Pantry that morning. Oh, and I should mention that I'm heading to Springfield to see my Laura this weekend (Three more days!).

Proverbs 14:2 says "He whose walk is upright fears the LORD, but he whose ways are devious despises him". The person who has respect and reverence for God will live a life that is evident of his commitment to God. The Bible says his "walk is upright", which means he's living a righteous and good life. He's not just a "good" guy, but he's doing the right thing. This person doesn't cut corners or tell "white lies", he's a straight shooter...all the time. On the other hand, the person who is cutting corners in life, making sneaky little deals, and consoles him/herself by saying "It's alright, I'm a good person" is the one who (as the Bible says) despises the LORD. It's amazing to me how many people go around claiming to be Christians and to love God and yet see in so many of their lives where they are deficient in morals, ethics, and character. Doesn't the Savior of our souls deserve a little better than our second best? We need to straighten up and walk upright!

If you're going to the Food Pantry on Wednesday, be at church at 9:45 to load up.
High School, remember Pete's Sunday School Cookout is Saturday at 5 pm. Come hungry!

Later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home